Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Progress

Harper's 15 month check up was this morning and thinking about how much she's grown since a year ago is amazing.  She's now 18 lbs, 9.5 oz and 30 inches tall.  It's incredible to think about how much she has changed, not only physically.  She now walks (and is trying to run); signs "more", "milk", and more; has 5 words and can feed herself.  She also sleeps through the night now (most nights), which is very important for her development as well as my sanity!

Here she is at gymnastics class yesterday:


I have made progress lately as well, striving to complete some tasks I've been meaning to get to for awhile.  One major goal has been getting under my pre-pregnancy weight and working towards healthier habits, not only for myself but for Harper's sake as well.  So about 2 months ago I started exercising regularly and trying to eat less and healthier.  As a result, I've lost 12 pounds!  I've also gotten into the routine of taking Harper for a jog after we each eat breakfast.  I get some much needed exercise, we both get fresh air and a dose of sunshine and I feel better each time I run.  Today I ran a 10:54 mile, which meant I achieved one of the goals I set in my mind: running a mile in under 11 minutes.

I also registered for a beginning sewing class on September 10th.  I have fabric and an online tutorial for my first project, and as soon as I learn the basics, I'll be ready to jump right in.  This is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

Here's to making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment